Who am I?
- Name: Lucas Bishop
- Email: [email protected]
Online Strategy, Analysis & Optimization
I've been successfully managing online marketing campaigns, since the days of meta-keyword
I'm naturaly inclined to understand user/company goals, then deliver both the creative and technical strategy for harmony.
I've earned +.5M points on Experts Exchange, answering questions about Internet Marketing and SEO, just because.
2014 November - Present
Experts Exchange, LLC
Demand Generation Manager, B2C
2011 June - 2014 October
eCommerce Program Manager
Implement leadership, strategic direction and management for all Online Marketplaces, Social Media Channels, Search Marketing including Paid Search, Search Engine Optimization (SEO), and Display Advertising. Responsibilities include growing channel revenue, management of digital agencies and projects, improving analytics and oversight of all operations.
- Piloting a model for acheiving top ranking product search results in eBay Best Match and Amazon A9 for mission critical keywords in competitive consumer electronics categories.
- Providing crucial thought-leadership role in corporate rebranding including web site, copy development, media planning, marketing collateral, packaging and product graphics.
- Quarterback of issue resolution procedures, ensuring all customer interactions result in positive experiences, with an emphasis on building brand advocates and increasing word of mouth.
2007 November - 2011 May
2007 - 2009 SENIOR ACCOUNT MANAGER
2009 - 2011 OPERATIONS MANAGER
Promoted internally to organize and lead the Operations Team, in providing best-in-class support to Fulfiller (retailers) and Merchant (brands) clientele, leveraging my abilities in strategic planning, project management, improving efficiencies, team building and detailing project information to determine effective processes for operations.
- Forged key relationships between Platinum Clients (Sports Chalet, BRP, ATD, etc.) and their Account Managers to effectively scope, communicate and deliver customized solutions, effectively preventing attrition of high risk/revenue accounts while generating additional client services projects.
- Spearheaded the launch for all fulfillment partner-facing components of Shopatron 3.0, providing measurable service level support commitments to retailers, while simultaneously increasing participation costs to drive top line revenue.
- Steered implementation, support and documentation of custom client projects from Project Managers to Merchant Support, shifting perpetual scope creep into appropriate support channels.
Senior Account Manager
Thrived as a creative problem solver and client advocate, collaborating in a dynamic high-growth environment while providing innovative, customer focused ideas to key accounts by understanding their brands, platforms and strategies, then delivering online marketing programs to expand incremental revenue.
- Guided key accounts across a variety of industries, through the understanding and integration of eCommerce best practices (SEO, Paid Search, Promotions, Site/Catalog Enhancements, etc.) including: Sanuk, JL Audio, Suzuki, Melissa & Doug, Ducati, Mizuno, Louis Garneau and Rossignol among others.
- Engaged on-site (CES, Client Conferences, etc.) with clients sales reps, distributors and dealers during crucial stages of launch cycles to educate during on-boarding, increasing program participation and eliminating traditional concerns of channel conflict.
- Lead over 30 accounts to average of 26% same-store-sales growth during economic downturn, with multiple accounts surpassing 200% year over year.
2002 March - 2008 January
Spearheaded the acquisition, ongoing maintenance and optimization of web properties and projects who did not have the capacity for full time professional staff. Provided ability for accelerated web growth, via search, email, affiliate, etc. marketing to clients covering a multitude of product and service industries.
- Achieved top 5 Google SERP rankings on over twenty unique domains for competitive short-tail keywords.
- Optimized Adwords Campaigns, landing pages and sales funnels for average of 23% increase in topline revenue and 75% increase lead capture across 16 client accounts.
- Built link-wheel encompassing 60+ semi-related sites, spanning multiple ip's and niches, to drive affiliate traffic to three target domains, driving approximately $80k annual in affiliate revenue through organic search.
2000 March - 2002 February
Provided remote, 24x7 technical support to Hewlett Packard production facilities utilizing Floormation, Warehouse Management System (WMS) and Manufacturing Execution System (MES) SAAS applications.
- Manage initial project scoping, integration and on-site training for all new Floormation WMS implementations.
- Remotely supported Oracle database and EDI connectivity, on HP-UX cluster.
- Project management, documentation, testing and QA for process changes.
- Redesigned company website (my entry into online marketing).
2000 September - 2002 June
A.S., Information Technology
A.S., management information systems
Word On the Street
Chief Customer Advocate, Shopatron
Lucas has a natural ability to take complex and technical situations and manage clients and staff through them while exuding a calm demeanor. His attention to detail enables him to not only see the big picture but pull out the little items that can often be over looked. He has proven himself time and again when managing difficult client situations often with glowing reviews back from those clients.
VP Client Success, Shopatron
Lucas' contributions to Shopatron were outstanding. He served as an ecommerce strategist to many of our top brands, worked diligently to provide a superior level of communication and support, and was a pleasant member of the Shopatron team. He is a superior web technology guru with a stellar knowledge base, breadth of experience, and a knack for learning new technologies. In addition, he is a clever marketer with a seemingly limitless stock of creative ideas.
Senior Account Manager, Shopatron
Lucas brought a powerful combination of web technology expertise, online marketing knowledge and communication savvy to the customers he served, helping them grow their online traffic and sales. He is an ideas guy and yet can also lay down clear, concise detail when needed, a skill he utilized frequently when he transitioned into an operations role. His calm demeanor, strong listening skills and problem solving skills will serve his future customers well, whether internal or external.
Senior Vice President, Swany
Lucas, was pragmatic, worked within reasonable time frames, enthusiastic in fulfilling responsibilities, reliable and concerned with us as a client and the relationship we developed. I would highly recommend him as a key member of any IT team.
Skills & Leisure
Ranking My Strengths
15 March 2014 / New York State University
12 October 2013 / Chicago House of Art
12 October 2013 / New York Technology Office
- Web Analytics
- Paid/Organic Search
- eCommerce Platforms
- Affiliate Marketing
- Reputation Management
- UX Best Practices
- Marketing Automation
- Conversion Rate Optimization
- User Onboarding
- Engagement Marketing
- Demand Stack Management
- Multivariate Testing
Hobbies & Interests
Die hard HEAT fan, yes, even without Lebron. Looking forward to the day I can play in the over 40 league.
Amateur at best. One day I'll upload my portfolio and simultaneously manage my storage space.
There's nothing quite like identifying a niche that is ripe with opportunity.
I'll watch anything by Tarantino, Scorsese or Apatow, on repeat, ad infinitum.
Catch me on the ps4, going full try-hard, nighly.
Been geeking out on computers since before the y2k bug hit.
I play barbies with my daughter. 'Nuff said.
Would spend every weekend camped out with the family.
Electronic Trap Music... I'm addicted and my SoundCloud page will attest to that.
Get in touch
I'm always interested in hearing about new opportunities and challenges. I have a desire to be a part of something that helps others, whether it's environmental, human/animal rights or health, I would love to get involved. If you want to reach out, please shoot me an email or use the conact form on the right.
My Contact Info
- San Luis Obispo / CA 93422
- [email protected]